NPAW Streaming Industry Report – H2 2019
Dig deep into NPAW’s quality streaming data to uncover the state of the video streaming ecosystem. From over 100 billion annual plays from all over the world and over 150 video services, we have collated the most notable and high-impact developments defining the state of the industry.
Download the H2 2019 Industry Report
The most applicable trends for video services
From emerging trends in user behavior to must-have streaming quality data that contributes directly to your business KPIs, here are some highlights of the H2 2019 report:
- Smartphones were used to stream nearly half the Plays in H2 2019
- VOD content is marginally more popular than Live content
- Users are still twice as likely to wait for content to load on a TV than on a Smartphone
- SmartPhone users are the most likely to leave a stream before the video loads
- Users are 5 times more likely to receive an in-stream error during Live Plays compared to VOD
- People streaming on a Console are likely to watch for the longest time
To keep customer satisfaction levels high, we believe streaming providers should be infinitely focused on the customer experience. Fueled by data, companies can engage each customer contextually and remain competitive.
Ferran Gutierrez, CEO at NPAW
NPAW is the leading video intelligence company helping online streaming services grow. A global leader in its space, NPAW has a decade of experience developing groundbreaking and scalable analytics solutions to optimize performance and user engagement to build media experiences that maximize revenue. NPAW serves more than 160 video services and processes 100 billion plays per year worldwide.
The NPAW Suite provides OTTs, broadcasters, operators, and media groups with holistic and advanced visibility of platform performance, audience behavior, advertising, and content efficiency in real time to support informed, data-driven decisions.
Improve your Quality of Experience with NPAW
Contact us to receive a free product demo. Discover the impact Quality of Experience has on your product.